Saturday, December 11, 2010

Artist Review #14: Vincent Vega

I found Vincent Vega's work on a website dedicated to 6x6 medium format photography. I've been considering saving up/begging for a 6x6 MF lately and Vega's work has all but convinced me. The crispness and intensity of his photographs are stunning. I can't help but think that his work would be significantly hindered with a lesser format. Vega's work captures simplicity and I'm especially drawn to the second images of this sequence. I love how the background seems as though it's a studio backdrop, given authenticity only by the almost-black rocks that stem from the center of the image. The quietness of this photograph is incredibly beautiful; Vega's minimalist images are examples of photographs that I would love to be able to find and take for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment